HVLS warehouse fans
Serco high volume low speed fans provide an energy-efficient solution for large spaces and require much less energy than traditional HVAC systems to protect product integrity, avoid potential spoilage and increase employee comfort.
How HVLS fans work
The Serco HVLS fans' airfoil style blade design produces a massive, cylindrical column of air that flows down to the floor and outward in all directions, creating a horizontal floor jet that consistently circulates air in large spaces. This “horizontal floor jet” pushes air a greater distance before it is pulled back vertically toward the blades. The greater the down flow, the greater the air circulation and resulting benefits. In the colder months, fans can be run in reverse to circulate the hot air trapped at ceiling level known as “destratification”.
- Keep employees cool and comfortable. The 2-3 mph breeze delivers the equivalent of a 7-11 degree reduction in the perceived temperature.
- Reduce energy consumption. Working with the HVAC system, Serco fans help regulate temperature from ceiling to floor, which can allow a facility to raise its thermostat setting 3 - 5 degrees. This creates a potential energy savings of up to 4% per degree change.
- Protect product integrity. Air circulation helps keep food and produce dry and fresh, reducing potential for decay or spoilage - Air circulation reduces stagnant air, hot and cold spots and condensation - Serco fans are also designed to operate in reverse, which helps de-stratify air in cool season operation.
- Improve working conditions. Floor condensation is minimized, keeping floors drier and safer for foot and motorized traffic - Improved indoor air quality through the dispersing of fumes - Fans can be operated from a centralized location using Serco iFAN network controls (sold separately), allowing a facility to easily monitor fan activity and performance.
- Contribute to LEED certification in various categories. Energy efficiency and atmosphere. Indoor environmental air quality. Innovation and design.